What is AWANA?
AWANA is multifaceted ministry offered to children 3 years old through 6th grade. AWANA stands for Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed, which comes from the scripture verse 2 Timothy 2:15. The AWANA Clubs mission is to “reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.” We are excited to add the Trek program to our AWANA offerings this year making the age span from 3 years old up through 12th grade.
OUR AWANA CLUB IS DIVIDED INTO FOUR AGE GROUPS:
- Cubbies: 3 and 4 years old (potty-trained and 3 or older by September 1, 2018)
- Sparks: Kindergarten (or 5 by September 1, 2018) through 2nd grade
- Truth &Training: 3rd grade through 6th grade
- Trek: 7th and 8th grade
- Journey: 9th thru 12th grade
EACH CLUB NIGHT CONSISTS OF FOUR MAIN PARTS:
- Handbook Time – time devoted to scripture memorization with as much individual attention as possible. Clubbers may pass sections that they have learned from their handbook during this time.
- Game Time – indoor or outdoor games usually played on an AWANA circle designed to encourage friendly competition and good sportsmanship.
- Council Time – consists of songs and an age-appropriate Bible story/lesson.
- Closing Time – final announcements and recognition of clubbers’ achievements with awards.
WHAT DOES MY CHILD NEED TO BRING?
Each week, your child will need to bring his/her Bible and AWANA book. Clubbers wear an AWANA vest or uniform shirt each week. Each student is awarded “AWANA Bucks” for having his/her Bible, handbook, uniform, and for each section completed.
Each AWANA volunteer has been approved to work with children.
The 2018-2019 club year will be on Sunday evenings. The opening ceremony will be held in the Fellowship Hall promptly at 4:45 pm and will end at 6:15 pm with the award ceremony. Parents, please have your child/children there on time. Awards will be given out between 6:00 and 6:15 in the Fellowship Hall so parents are able to celebrate their child’s/children excitement.
In order to help simplify our dues process, support our AWANA missionary and ensure the future of our club we have made a change to our dues and registration process. Registration and Dues are as follows:
First Year in a Club: $35.00 per clubber
Second or Third Year in the Same Club: $25.00 Per Clubber
Fees include: Uniform (first year in a club), handbook, awards, and dues.
We do not want to hinder any child or family from attending our program!
So if there is an issue of the cost, please contact Marsha Rosson ( e-mail below) to discuss pricing
You may complete a registration form at church, or you can register online using the AWANA online registration page using the AWANA Registration tab.