What Should I Expect?
FIRST, EXPECT OUR MISSION TO BE FULFILLED
We believe that it is important for you to understand what we are all about as a church before you attend one of our services.
When Crossroads began in 2007, it was with the goal of establishing a church where people of every age, ethnicity, and social standing could have the option of choosing a church where they could come to know God in a personal way, grow in their understanding of Scripture, practice Biblical Christianity, and invest their time, talents, and finances in helping others both in the community and around the world do the same. We are all about encouraging people in their worship, walk, and witness.
Our mission is to help people pursue a lifelong and joyous relationship with Jesus Christ by focusing on core Biblical values as guardrails to keep us on the road to spiritual growth and godly living.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ATTEND
- You will see a beautiful and well maintained campus as you drive up to our church.
- From the time you drive into the parking lot, you can expect clear signage to direct you to a guest parking place near the main entrance of the sanctuary.
- Upon entering the building you will experience a warm and friendly welcome by one of our guest member service team who will provide you with a worship bulletin to serve as a guide through the services eliminating any surprises.
- You can expect an usher to gladly help you to find a seat in the sanctuary.
- If you have a child with you, you can expect your greeter to escort you and your child to the children's classroom where you will be welcomed by their teacher.
- If you have a question(s) along the way, you can expect your host/hostess to either gladly answer your question(s) or to introduce you someone who can answer your question(s) for you if your host/hostess doesn't know the answer himself.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE WORSHIP SERVICE
We believe that there are four elements to a vibrant, growing, strong faith:
- Biblical Living
According to Malachi 1:10, not all worship of God is acceptable to God. Serving as God's mouthpiece the prophet said I have no pleasure in you, saith the Lord of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand.
True worship has God at the center of all praise, singing, joy, and feelings.
So whether it is in the lyrics of the music, the instruction in the classroom, or the preaching from the pulpit, the goal is to draw people closer to God in hopes of keeping Him center stage in their life.
It is our focus on God and understanding of what His Word is saying to us that binds us together into a close knit fellowship of believers who love God and love one another as God has loved us.
The end result of knowing God on a personal level, growing in our understanding of His Word, and demonstrating our belief in our personal behavior is a motivation that causes us to reach out to the world around us with the good news we have found and experience in Christ.
At Crossroads we endeavor in every worship service to help you grow...
- in your personal relationship with God
- in your knowledge of God's Word
- in your friendships with God's people, and
- in your service to God
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
We are not about clothes at Crossroads. You will find people dressed in all kinds of attire ranging from suits and ties to casual business, to just plain casual. We believe that modesty and respect for the Lord before whom we meet to worship is what is important, not the style of our clothes. Just dress comfortably but modestly and you will feel right at home. God is more interested in what is in your heart than your attire so just come prepared to have a meaningful time of worship and fellowship.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
A Bible, either printed or electronic, will help you to follow along in worship and in Bible study. If you have a Bible, bring it with you to church. All sermons at Crossroads are Biblically based so we spend a lot of time examining Scripture. While Pastor will use either the KJV or NKJV in the pulpit, feel free to bring your favorite version of Scripture to follow along in. We encourage people to not only mark their Bibles as they read along, but to take notes during the service as well.
If you have a question that was not answered here, please visit our Contact Us page where you can send a message that will be directed to the appropriate ministry head who will answer your question for you.